1 COMMUNICATION APPLICATION SERVER
The AGNITY Communication Application Server (CAS) is a virtualized service delivery platform specifically designed for CSPs to meet their high capacity and throughput needs. The platform architecture is modular, layered and extensible. This makes it easy to extend the platform with additional connectors to bring in new network/data connectivity as needed for additional applications (e.g. HL-7 feed for Healthcare vertical).
The CAS platform has a SIP Servlet based design for service delivery. It separates network connectivity from application logic and enables delivery of multiple services from a single platform.
It is a JSR-289 compliant carrier grade Application Server, built ground up, supporting many network protocol interfaces (SS7, IP, ISC and Diameter), enabling the carriers to achieve application harmonization across networks.
On the “north” side of the CAS platform AGNITY supports applications – created from reusable Application Components, built by either AGNITY, the operator, or a third party utilizing its App Creation or Development tools, client SDK’s (iOS, Android and WebRTC) and Open API’s. The platform supports sophisticated application chaining and a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) ESB framework to allow individual calls to invoke application logic from multiple applications and resources – either on CAS platform itself or external.
Multi-Protocol Handling is a key function of the CAS platform. On the “southbound” side, the platform supports interfaces to all legacy networks (fixed and wireless) and all IP networks (SIP and IMS). This enables a single application on the CAS platform to support subscribers from legacy networks and next generation networks. This also enables a call initiated in one network, say IN/SS7, to access resources in other network, e.g. media servers in IP network. In addition, calls can be handed-off from IN/SS7 network to SIP/IMS network after initial processing to save on SS7 network resources. This completes the separation of the underlying network from the application. Now, as networks evolve, subscriber access to applications is no longer a gating item that has to be addressed before subscriber migration can occur.
The CAS platform’s extensibility goes beyond network components. The CAS platform also connects with external resources – be they media resources for Multimedia IVR or Multimedia conferencing or “horizontal” resources such as LDAP directories or CRM tools for enterprise applications or “vertical” resources such as EMR (electronic medical records) database for the healthcare vertical. This capability adds tremendous flexibility and creativity to application development.
The platform is packaged with its own Element Management System (EMS), Subscriber Management and Provisioning System (SMS) and Report Server (RS). These components can be used “off the shelf” or the functions can be integrated, via restful interfaces and open APIs, to existing Service Provider OSS and BSS systems.
AGNITY provides a number of key Application Components on the CAS platform that can be assembled into customizable application logic for quick service delivery. The platform offers Open APIs and SDKs to facilitate integration with CSPs backend systems as well as easy integration with modules within enterprise domains e.g. LDAP Directory, etc.
Example use cases include –
- SCP Replacement – End of Life IN application replacement with AGNITY ready or custom NGIN applications
- IN SCP Consolidation – Migrate IN applications running across multiple platform to single CAS platform for ease of operations and reduced OPEX Application evolution – offer a variety of new applications based on open APIs to Application Components for mobile, video and WebRTC technologies across legacy and next gen networks
Key CAS features:
- Single platform/ Multi Tenancy: Supports multiple applications on a single platform with the ability to partition applications and application management independently to multiple enterprise customers.
- Carrier Grade Scalability: Delivers high performance and low latency and lowers cost of development and deployment
- Reliability: Consistent applications across network types, and field-proven reliability in networks worldwide.
- Cloud Ready: Virtualized Deployment: VMware, KVM and Multi-tenancy support
- Extensible Connector Framework: Add new application capabilities by incorporating new network interfaces and access to new external resources.
- Truly Converged Applications: One business application logic for all networks, including legacy TDM (3G, SS7/INAP), IMS, VoIP/Internet (SIP, HTTP, Websocket) – truly access agnostic..
- Service Development: Stimulate innovative applications, products and services via open APIs to powerful application components
2 ACONYX NGIN
The ACONYX Next Generation Intelligent Network (NGIN) is a suite of carrier-grade, protocol independent fixed/mobile IN applications that promotes application harmonization and helps the service providers to offer the same of set of features for both legacy and 4G subscribers with same user experience. The applications include:
- Advanced Call Routing (Advanced Toll Free)
- Voice VPN
- Number Portability
- Advanced Call Screening
- FlexYcharge (Online Charging)
With the legacy IN SCP being discontinued by the suppliers, the AGNITY NGIN solution serves as an Intelligent Network (IN) replacement for fixed and mobile networks. It provides a very cost effective migration to new environment and enables service providers to reduce CAPEX and OPEX. The ACONYX NGIN application suite has been developed on the AGNITY CAS (Communication Application Server) platform, a carrier-grade JSR 289 compliant application server and can be tested for any call flow scenarios on the IMS testing platform.
NGIN Migration Strategy
AGNITY has a well-defined strategy to assist customers with their migration from a legacy network to an IMS/VoIP-based network. The ACONYX NGIN application suite supports SIP as well as IN/SS7 protocols with the application transparent to the underlying network protocols. ACONYX NGIN is seamlessly deployed across VoIP/IMS and 3G/4G networks.
Advanced Call Routing /Advanced Toll Free
The ACONYX Advanced Call Routing (ACR) service is a core network application that is most frequenly used for Toll Free service but is applicable as a base service for replacement of many legacy IN functions. Service subscribers can specify various routing criterions for calls such as time of day, day of week, origin of the caller, or selection on a prompt and many more. The Service Provider can offer a number of pre-defined feature packages to enterprises.
|ATF Feature Descriptions|
Voice Virtual Private network (VPN)
The ACONYX Voice Virtual Private Network (Voice VPN) is a core network application that lets enterprises implement their private voice network. This service helps enterprises interconnect multiple office locations using shared Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and Voice over IP (VoIP) networks. The Voice VPN lets enterprises implement a customized private numbering plan. This helps control cost by managing telephone privileges of employees. It also helps get bulk discounts from service providers. The Service Provider can offer a set of pre-defined Voice VPN packages to enterprises.
|VPN Feature Descriptions|
|Call Types Supported||
The ACONYX Number Portability (NP) service is a network-based next-generation IP solution built on the robust carrier-grade AGNITY Communication Application Server. It lets telecommunications customers retain their telephone numbers when changing their telephone service provider. Below are some of the highlighted features of the ACONYX NP Application:
- Analyze the dialled number to determine whether the call has been made to a mobile or a fixed line number
- Automatic prefix correction feature for all or a selective group of calling numbers
- Custom and default Guidance treatment in case prefix cannot be corrected
- NP Database synchronization with National Database (NPDB) via secured FTP of XML files
- Routing Prefix Rules: determines the terminating and originating prefixes based on the defined rules
- Creates a Call Detail Record (CDR) for each call it processes
- Application Enablement: the application can be triggered by other CAS applications (ATF, VPN)
Advanced Call Screening
The ACONYX™ Advanced Call Screening application allows SMB enterprise to play warning black listed or high cost destinations. For high cost destinations, user is prompted to provide PIN for authentication to continue the high cost destination call. Alternatively SMB user is redirected to operator for assistance, if he/she choose so. The application also sends email notification to the defined email address in the database whenever there is PIN change done by provisioning interface. Optionally, application also supports yellow list, comprising of destinations, which are allowed as per tariff plan. For re-direct calls the application checks in Yellow list, if entry found then call is allowed normally, else an announcement is played to user. User may continue or hang up call after an announcement. If user wishes to continue with call, application will redirect call.
|CSA Feature Descriptions|
The ACONYX FlexYcharge application is a flexible rating and charging solution for today’s multi-service, multi-network environments. It provides Online Charging System (OCS) functionality for heterogeneous next-gen networks and enables service providers to monetize new revenue-generating multimedia and RCS-enabled services. FlexYcharge allows Mobile LTE, fixed line and cable operators to quickly deploy a complete prepaid and credit control solution including: real-time national/international call rating, wholesale/resell support, branded/custom announcements, multi-language/multi-currency support, Web-based provisioning and end-user control.
- Highly scalable, carrier-grade solution supporting multi-million subscribers
- Online Charging Solution (OCS) for multiple networks: Mobile, Data, IMS, LTE
- Ability to customize to meet service provider requirements
- Enables LTE monetization by offering prepaid-enabled rich-media applications
- Allows convergent billing for both prepaid and postpaid services
- A single platform replacing silos of legacy monolithic market-specific solutions in customer network
- Designed for virtualization (KVM, VMWare)
- Multi-tier Web-based Management lowers OPEX
- Wholesale/Reseller Model Support
- Open solution with standard protocols and APIs for rapid system integration with best of breed solutions
3 ACONYX MULTIMEDIA CONFERENCING & COLLABORATION
ACONYX Multimedia Conferencing & Collaboration is a carrier-grade, network-based multimedia conferencing solution for LTE Service providers delivering Audio, HD Video and Voice conferencing services to enterprise subscribers. Developed as an open solution compliant to LTE and IMS conference specifications, it offers enterprise level customization with customizable web based client portal interface.
Standard SIP clients for the application are supported on IP Phones, Smart Phones, Desktop SIP Clients and Web phones. Web APIs are also available for easy integration with external third party systems. The solution has been developed as a SIP based application using SIP for call signalling, RTP for Media, and MSML (RFC5707) for controlling the media server, perfectly suitable for the service providers to offer this as a In-network solution.
- Next Gen Multimedia Conferencing and Collaboration for LTE and IMS networks
- Multi-channel communications, conferencing and collaboration in one package
- Multimedia conferencing offered as a Service Provider network-based service
- Adherence to LTE and IMS architecture, with superior network security, authentication and end-to-end QoS
- Coexistence with TAS for complete and seamless video conferencing experience through IR.94 clients
- Supports service interaction with other In-Network services, increasing overall usage and subscriber stickiness
- Easy customizability with Enterprise banding and call flow announcements
- Flexible to integrate with existing and third party ecosystem through standards-based APIs
- Support for multiple end-user devices, along with our iOS, Android and webRTC-enabled clients for rich experience
- Allows service providers to compete with OTT players and monetize their IMS/LTE investments
|MMC Feature Description|
|Organizer Conference Features||
|Conference Management Features||
|MMC – QoS controls||
|Flexible with Security||
4 ACONYX UNIFY
The ACONYX Unify is an Enterprise Communication and Telephony Application package with a rich set of enterprise communication and collaboration features including Business Connect, Converged Messaging, and Multimedia Conference and Collaboration. It is a complete communication package for verticals and includes following modules:
- Business Connect – It enables wireless and fixed carriers to offer enterprise mobile communication services for the modern enterprise. Business Connect offers a core feature set for enterprise users to stay connected with their co-workers, partners, and customers through voice and video communications. These features comprise voice/video calling and key business calling features such as call forwarding, call transfer, call parking, call hold, call screening, multi-session feature, etc.
- Converged Messaging – It provides a converged address book with integrated presence and instant-messaging facility. It supports multiple media-channels of messaging such as voice, video, text, fax and picture sharing. It integrates with customers’ existing voice and video-mail store providing a converged/unified message box view the user.
- Multimedia Conferencing and Collaboration – It is a network-based multimedia conferencing module, designed for mobile/LTE service providers, to deliver a bridge-based Audio, HD Video conferencing service along with additional screen-sharing, white-boarding and messaging features. This module is also provided as a standalone application as stated in section above or offered as an integrated package with Unify to provide an end-to-end solution to meet all communication needs of the enterprise.
- Smart Client – Unify is compatible with a range of client devices to ensure everyone can use it anywhere, any-time and with any device. Desktop and laptops can get connected via WebRTC browser clients whereas Smartphones and Tablets can get connected via iOS and Android client apps.