Virtualization is the go-to mantra for IT streamlining, data center homogenizing and OPEX reductions. Telecom providers are in the process of standardizing virtualized Telco Cloud infrastructure. There is also a strong movement to expose existing services as APIs to reduce TTM and optimize cost for new applications.
All AGNITY solutions are designed to be hardware-agnostic and are cloud-ready. Flexible threading model and scaling architectures have ensured that our solutions grow with customers’ requirements, leveraging virtualized infrastructure. CAS has inbuilt capability to expose APIs, enabling application functionality to be used as network functions. We are evolving our products to enable our customers to take advantage of the full potential of cloud manager frameworks, like elastic scaling. Our products are hypervisor-agnostic, and run smoothly on VMware as well as KVM.
- Reduced OPEX – Virtualization offers significant reduction in maintenance and training costs for IT workforce. Homogenized and portable execution environments also result in better inventory control and lower hardware downtimes.
- Better Responsiveness to Traffic Conditions – VMs lend to quick scaling in terms of compute resources and instantiation of more VM instances. AGNITY solutions are designed to take advantage of this facility through vertical and horizontal scaling. This allows customers to effectively handle sudden changes in traffic.
- Optimal Resource Utilization – Virtualized deployments can be scaled up as well as down based on traffic handling requirements. This allows better sharing of resources among multiple types of deployments in a telco cloud.
- Higher Reusability – Capability to exposure functionality of services over APIs can be exploited to rapidly create interesting business cases with quick times to market, providing innovative edge and first mover advantage over competitors.
Telecom service providers are deploying and launching IMS networks with ever increasing momentum. Reasons include spectrum optimization, ageing and obsolete legacy infrastructure, and possibility of more innovative revenue-generating applications.
AGNITY’s ACONYX CAS is a truly converged multi-service delivery platform and is our core component to deliver services from one place to multiple underlying networks. A key part of this application harmonization capability is the support of next-gen IMS networks. In fact CAS is architected for IMS, with support of SIP Servlet specifications that enable seamless support of new SIP headers and parameters as IMS networks evolve. CAS also supports various Diameter-based IMS interfaces like Sh, Rf, Ro, etc. AGNITY applications, powered by CAS, present an excellent way to monetize IMS investments through new, innovative applications.
- Harmonization of Services – IMS support in CAS empowers operators with a converged mechanism for service delivery to legacy as well as next generation networks. This allows uniform service experience across networks and aids seamless network migration of customers.
- Monetization of IMS Investments – Existing services can be enriched with new resources available in IMS networks like presence and chat services to provide enhanced service experience to customers that have been migrated to IMS network. New, media rich applications can be rolled out quickly to provide premium experience to customers and increase ARPU.
- Better Customer Retention – Innovative applications with interesting business flows, enabled by IMS infrastructure, attract customers. These are an important factor in increasing customer stickiness to an operator, especially for young and tech-savvy users.
- Worriless Upgrade of IMS Networks – As IMS standards evolve and new SIP elements come into play, operators are assured of continued service availability due to SIP Servlet architecture of CAS. Any new SIP headers or parameters are passed transparently to applications and can be used only for the business flows requiring those elements. All other applications continue to run without requiring any change.
VOICE & VIDEO OVER LTE
Telecom operators are moving towards Voice and Video over LTE for optimal use of spectrum and providing rich media experience to end users. End-to-end QoS guarantees ensure smooth real time video conversations and is an evolution over best effort video over internet connections.
AGNITY solutions support VoLTE and ViLTE to provide media-rich application experience to end users. For instance, our Multimedia Conferencing application works seamlessly with VoLTE clients and provides excellent user experience owing to quality of service guaranteed by IMS networks. CAS based applications work in tandem with IMS TAS to provide enhanced services.
- Excellent End User Media Experience – Guaranteed bandwidth availability for voice and video ensure smooth media experience for subscribers unlike the best-effort media delivery over internet. End-to-End QoS guarantees provide the differentiating edge to media experience over OTT applications.
- Better Customer Stickiness – Smooth video and voice experience ensure customer continuity with service provider offering instead of moving to available OTT applications, especially for enterprises and customers looking for premium experience.
- Optimal Spectrum Usage – Utilizing packet switched network for media flows allow operators to take advantage of optimizations in spectrum utilization and to better utilize this limited resource.
The browser is fast becoming a communication end point with support of WebRTC in multiple browsers and across different operating systems, including mobile devices. The Websocket-oriented, freeform, secure communication capabilities provide both challenges and opportunities to telecom service providers.
AGNITY CAS, with its support of Websocket, presents a powerful framework for creating applications leveraging WebRTC synergistically with core telecom signaling. For instance, it is possible to extend one’s mobile phone identity to a web browser session, which can be used to send messages, make calls, etc. It can provide an alternative for users to keep their phone numbers operational without incurring exorbitant charges while roaming out of service provider home networks. CAS WebRTC framework also supports seamless communications between WebRTC and other kinds of end points like IMS SIP UEs.
AGNITY solutions also include WebRTC clients for our applications that can be used with CAS WebRTC framework as well as with partner WebRTC gateways.
- Increased Reach of Operators – Using WebRTC, operators can extend subscribers’ mobile identities to their web browsers. This can increase the span of influence of operators to the entire internet.
- Innovative Applications – Many interesting business flows are made possible by the availability of a very portable end device, viz. the web browser.
- Edge Over OTT Competition – Leveraging mobile identities of customers enable operators to create powerful applications that extend traditional mobile experience over the internet provide an excellent competitive edge over OTT players.